One of the most common questions asked to us by people who are new to Garcinia Cambogia is whether it is safe. This is a very important question and we have tried answering it in bits and pieces in several of our articles. Let us summarize the key points here for benefit of all.
How safe is Garcinia Cambogia
Before asking how safe is GCE you should ask how safe is any herbal supplement or in fact any over the counter medicine or prescription medication? Every supplement or medication we take have some side effects in some condition or another. Overdose is a very common cause of side effects of supplements and medications alike. Similarly, certain supplements / drugs should not be taken with pre-existing conditions of medications you are already taking as they interact with them and may cause complications.
In the same way Garcinia Cambogia is safe but precautions need to be taken for the same. Good news is that the list is not very long one
How can you make your Garcinia Cambogia safe
If you follow these simple rules you will make your Garcinia Cambogia safe to taking:
- Buy a good product: No one can escape from the side effects of a bad product. You cannot blame the extract in such a case. Thus, be very careful while buying Garcinia Cambogia extract. We have written several articles on how you can do that on our portal to help you out with that.
- Do not take an overdose: We have seen some customers taking very high dosage of Garcinia Cambogia extract thinking that it will have faster effect and as this is a herbal supplement there is no chance of side effects. They answer is NO. Overdose of any medication or even food we eat on a daily basis is harmful to health. Please follow the prescribed dosage given on the pack of your supplement. Usually, you should not take more than 3,000 mg per day.
- Avoid if you have pre-existing conditions such as diabetes, Alzheimer’s and dementia. Why diabetes? This is because of the fact that GCE is known to decrease blood sugar level. The best thing to do is consult your doctor before starting Garcinia Cambogia or even any other herbal supplement.
- Pregnant women should avoid Garcinia Cambogia altogether. While taking Garcinia is safe in general but more research needs to be done to establish it is safe during pregnancy too. While pregnancy and lactation period never take any herbal medication without consulting a doctor. Unknowingly you maybe harming your child. So be very careful.
- Garcinia Cambogia may interact with certain medications. This may lead to side effect and further risk. We have come across reports of increase in disorders such as rhabdomyolysis among people who took Garcinia Cambogia and drugs such as atorvastatin calcium. Again, best thing is to consult your doctor if there is a possibility of drug interaction.
In case after taking Garcinia Cambogia extract you get headaches, stomach discomfort or nausea stop taking the extract asap and see a doctor.
Garcinia Cambogia extract is very safe. If you follow the above 5 points before taking Garcinia Cambogia there would be next to nil chances of you getting any side effects from the extract. Thousands of people across the globe have benefited from Garcinia Cambogia extract and witnessed safe weight loss. You can achieve that too, but just be a bit cautious.